Know the Law
for Temporary Workers
Tips for Temps
Tips for Employers
Outlet for this
Your Temp Experiences
Practices Temp Agencies: Bergen, Essex, Hudson Counties
Temp Agencies: Mercer,
Temp Agencies: Passaic,
of Fair Conduct for Temp Agencies
Job Hunters Resource
Jan 1, 2000
||Conduct a cost-benefit analysis
of entering the temp workforce.
Do other opportunity costs fare better?
Factors Making Temping Viable
- You need immediate income.
- You want to gain exposure to different work environments.
- You are covered by someone else's health insurance (or are
registered with one of the
few agencies that offer affordable insurance).
- You do not feel physically or emotionally capable of
- You need a regular job and can find a temp agency and
assignments which are truly "temp-to-perm" or "temp-to-hire"
within your time frame.
- You are not such a good self-promoter and need a counselor
to line up work for you.
Factors Mitigating Against Temping
- You need the time for a job search.
- You need health insurance coverage provided at a group
- Your comfort with changing environments and supervisors is
- You enjoy/need being a full member of a work team.
- Your family responsibilities vary (less flexibility in
hours exists in a succession of temp assignments).
- You do not own a car or hold a driver's license.